The Problem with DVD'S and DVD Players!
Solve the problem for $39.95 by buying a Radio Shack - DESAY-5701!
The problem is not with the DVD disk but with the standards for DVD players.
Almost all manufactures of DVD players are only interested in being able to play Hollywood movies. The Standards for these Hollywood movies were set years ago and have not changed. That is about to end next year when you have two competing standards for the new HI Definition Videos (It will be the old BETA vs. VHS problem)
The problem with Non-Hollywood DVD's
History: Pioneer was the first company to developed DVD recorded for the Computer industry.
They set the original standards.
1.The First standard was 1x speed with a (- Minus Standard) ok
2. The speed was increased 2X - but now the old recorders had to be upgraded to the new speed! Just try to get an upgrade - you had to by a new 2x machine!
3. Now the Competition stepped in and Upped the speed to 4X - and at the same time they added the "+Plus standard" which count not be used on "-minus only" DVD recorders. Also the new 4x DVD disks could not be used on 1x-2x machines without an upgrade. Had to buy a new 4x recorder.
4. Next was the introduction of 4X DVD recorders that would record in both the "- minus and +" standards. Had to buy an new 4x+/- recorder.
5. Next came the 8X +/- Recorders> The new 8x speed DVD disks could not be used on the old slower machines. Had to buy (2) new 8X +/- Recorders.
6. The latest addition 16X+/- machines. None of the new 16x speed disks can be used on the only 1x-2x-4x-8x DVD recorders. Had to buy two new 16X +/- double layers recorders.
7. They have now released the new 16X - double density recorders and DVD disks.
The bottom line: here is your
Most commercial machines are not set up to handle all the new standards that differ from the Hollywood standards.
Some machines will play; some will not. I personally have 6 older DVD players that will not play the new standards.
THE SOLUTION: The one national company that has always catered to the consumer is Radio Shack. I have found they are continuously upgrading their INEXPENSIVE DVD players to handle the new Computer based DVD standards.
I highly recommend for only $39.95 to buy a Radio Shack: DESAY - DVD DS-5701.
I know all my DVD'S will play on this DVD player because I play each new DVD - continuously for 12 hours before I release it for sale.